RE: On-line bidding for writing/translating contracts

Subject: RE: On-line bidding for writing/translating contracts
From: "Dr Heart" <Lonestar -at- nesma -dot- net -dot- sa>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 22:34:59 +0300

Hans Durstling wrote"

"In my function as translator I've recently been contacted by a new Internet
based "marketplace" for contract writing jobs. It's at
http://www.myconduit.com, and has only been in place for a few days, so
there's no track record yet....Or am I wrong? Is there a site (maybe even
several??) which already has a successful track record in bringing clients
and freelancers together, in an on-line auction format, for contracts in
translating/technical writing/copywriting and similar jobs? Any personal
experiences, recommendations?"

Hans,

PC Magazine has an article on this subject entitled "Sites for Free Agents,
If you're thinking of going solo--or are already there--bookmark these sites
now," written by Alan Cohen. Alan gives an assessment of each site. You can
find this article on the web at:
http://www.zdnet.com/pcmag/stories/reviews/0,6755,2352981,00.html

Also consider sites you can network on such as Sixdegrees.com. I know of one
freelancer in Europe who hit the jackpot on freelance work in the states
networking on Sixdegrees. Networking leads to freelance work (whether its
tendered or your bid wins it). And that is almost as infallible as the
yellow wash of daylight following the speckled indigo night.

Good luck,
Inkhorn