Re: Newbie Blues

Subject: Re: Newbie Blues
From: "Donna Marino" <domarino -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "Tehwrl" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 13:37:44 -0600

Why don't you take a job onsite for awhile and after an employer sees that
you can work on your own, get the information you need, meet deadlines,
etc., maybe you can approach the subject of working at home a few days a
week? I've been a tech writer for 10 years and just started working at home
last year when I joined a friend's consulting firm. It's definitely not
something I'd want to do if I was just starting out as a tech writer. In the
beginning of my career, I learned so much about the documentation process
from working onsite, being around other writers, and communicating with the
developers on the team. I'm sure I wouldn't have learned those things if I'd
started out by working from home.

donna
www.swdesignworks.com