RE: Appealing to or introducing Tech Comm "best practices"

Subject: RE: Appealing to or introducing Tech Comm "best practices"
From: MAGGIE SECARA <SECARAM -at- mainsaver -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 15:55:04 -0700

I'm afraid my first reaction was to say be careful of relying on and
standing too firmly on mere Authority. I might very well be sort of person
you're describing, who learned all this stuff along the way. Heck, I only
found out there was a pantheon from this list. (Thank you!) There was no
tech comm degree anywhere when I started writing for a living. Thank
heavens I seem to do it pretty well anyway, using quite by chance most of
the same "best practices".

I'm not at all averse to learning something new, or doing something
differently. But citing Authority is not the way to get me to do it.

Cheers!

Maggie Secara
secaram -at- mainsaver -dot- com