Re: Clear Case & Frame Docs.

Subject: Re: Clear Case & Frame Docs.
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 10:34:18 -0700

Mark & I are havin' a go-'round about version control,
and in second post, Mark wrote:

>...The bottom line: the game's not worth the candle...

and

>...Someone in my company is jamming this down my throat. Call me "Mr.
>Bellyacher" if you want, but somehow it doesn't *feel* like apprection.
>I've answered your (very good) points perfectly adequately to my
>satisfaction. What's perhaps not clear from my original post is that I
>know who's going to be a sys admin for this gigantic kluge...ME! Somehow
>"Thank you sir, may I have another" is not the phrase that came to mind.
>
>My apologies, in advance, if you feel flamed here. I'm not mad at you
>(really). I'm grateful! Yeah, that's it!...

now me:

's okay, Mark, I don't feel flamed. Only you know the ins and outs of
your department and whether or not version control is really waranted.
And, as I said, clear case would not be my tool of choice for a tech
pubs department. Here at Expersoft, engineering uses clear case, but I
brought in starteam for the pubs group. And office politics are a-whole-
nuther can of worms again, aren't they! ;-)

Perhaps you could counter the mandate with an outline of your present
scheme for maintaining versions or ask to substitute a more doc-
friendly softare package for clear case?

In any case, best of luck!
-Sue

-Sue Gallagher http://pw1.netcom.com/~gscale/susanwg/
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com http://www.expersoft.com

The _Guide_ is definitive.
Reality is frequently inaccurate. --Douglas Adams