Re: Making several PDFs into a single file?

Subject: Re: Making several PDFs into a single file?
From: Chantel Brathwaite <cnbrath -at- aplexus -dot- jhuapl -dot- edu>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, joan -at- mirrorworlds -dot- com
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 12:11:15 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Joan,

Here's how to merge PDF files using acrobat 4.0.

1. Open one of your PDF files in acrobat.
2. Select Insert Pages from the Document menu.
3. Select the file you wish to insert.
4. A dialog box appears. Indicate where the file should be appear.
5. The file should appear where you indicated.

If you want, you can create a couple of bookmarks that will help the user
navigate between the TOC, body, and index. If you are using acrobat 4, you
can do this by:

1. Selecting Show Bookmarks from the Window menu. Two panels appear, the
left one is the bookmark pane and the right one is the document pane.
2. In the document pane, navigate to the desired page. For example, if
you want to create a bookmark for the chapter 1, navigate to the first
page of chapter 1.
3. In the window pane, right click and select Add bookmark. The bookmark
icon appears.
4. Type the name of the bookmark in the space provided.

You can also drag the bookmarks in the bookmark pane to indicate
different hierarchical levels if you wish.

Good luck

Chantel Brathwaite
Chantel -dot- N -dot- Brathwaite -at- saic -dot- com