Re: Any ideas for a presentation on the documentation process?

Subject: Re: Any ideas for a presentation on the documentation process?
From: Carol Gasser <cgasser75 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 05:56:59 -0700 (PDT)

Here's another suggestion that involves an everyday
process -- have them write down how to tie a shoe.
It's something we all do mindlessly (velcro shoes went
out in the mid-eighties, didn't they?), but it's kinda
hard to explain. It also involves fewer props, which
might be handy.

One developer I used to work with told me he gained
immense respect for tech writers after trying this.
It's the only nice thing he ever said to me, so
apparently the exercise made quite an impression. = )

- CG

Carol Gasser
cgasser75 -at- yahoo -dot- com

=====
Sarchasm (n.) the gulf between the author
of sarcastic wit and the recipient who
just doesn't get it.
-- reader from the Washington Post

Carol Gasser cgasser75 -at- yahoo -dot- com