Re: ADMIN: Update and response to request for information

Subject: Re: ADMIN: Update and response to request for information
From: "Kathi Jan Knill" <Kathi -dot- Knill -at- template -dot- com>
To: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 13:32:06 -0400

Sorry Janet, but I had to repeat this part.
Eric signed off as follows:
: More as I know it,
: Your Slothful Listowner

I don't know who the slothful listowner is. This is my story: (read it if
you want, or press delete!)

I just want to say that although I am new to list membership in general and
this list specifically, I have found that Eric is very responsive to
problems. Several times I have written to him asking for help about
something that was going on with my list postings, etc. He has always
responding quickly, and could most often offer at least an explanation of
what was causing the problem as well as a possible solution. (His
suggestions tend to be on the mark, but you never know if I said always to
that, my next problem may get a non-working solution just for spite --
hehe:-))
I find the only difference between the writer's (check the posting: ADMIN:
Update and response to request for information) and my requests was the
fact that when I wrote to him I DID NOT ATTACK him. I asked for help and an
explanation of the problem, if he knew one.

My suggestion to this annonymous writer is next time, try asking with a
please. Eric does this as volunteer work, he should be treated with good
manners and appreciation for the time he does put in.

Besides...."slavery was abolished with Lincoln" so I do not think it is
appropriate to tell Eric what he should or should not do, say, think,
etc....

Just mho,
Kathi Jan Knill
Sr. Technical Writer
Template Software, Inc.
kathi -dot- knill -at- template -dot- com
"If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem!"
(not originally by me, but it works!)