ADMIN: Update and response to request for information

Subject: ADMIN: Update and response to request for information
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 10:52:29 -0600

In the vein of the "why's the listowner a jerk" ADMIN postings,
I'd like to share with you the following snippet from the
the message I received, minus contact info for the sender.)

> I'd think, as part of the TECHWR-L LISTOWNER RESPONSIBILITIES, you might be
> concerned with *immediately* resolving the duplication of postings problem
> for this list. I know I am not the only one with this frustration. If the
> software is a problem, please do your best to fix or replace it. Being that
> is a tremendous waste of bandwidth and users' mail space and download time,
> this problem should not be considered by you as minor. In addition, every
> immediate attempt at a resolution should be taken, and be communicated to
> the list subscribers. I know of no other list subscription where this
> problem has persisted as long as here. Neither the listowners nor the
> subscribers would put up with it.
> It is quite simply not acceptable. Thank you for your help and immediate
> attention to this matter.

I've requested a roadmap to a solution from this reader...clearly, she's
aware of possibilities beyond what I've tried to fix and deal with the
problem.
Thus far, the extent of the attempts at resolution have been:
* 2x/week mail exchanges with the vendor. (Suffice it to say that the
CEO pings _me_ every couple of weeks with an unsolicited update.)
* 4 attempts to upgrade the software (each one backed off as it caused
bigger problems than it fixed).
* Regular reports of the status both on the list and to individuals who ask.

More as I know it,
Your Slothful Listowner