Compare Illustrator and Coreldraw

Subject: Compare Illustrator and Coreldraw
From: "Jennifer O Neill" <jennifer -dot- oneill -at- village -dot- uunet -dot- be>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 19:03:55 +0200

Hi there,

My company has asked a contractor to do several drawings for us and he has
pushed for using Illustrator. We need b&w line drawings of components as
well as some flowcharts. We use Coreldraw but we just don't have the time to
do the work ourselves. The drawings will be inserted into Word manuals,
which are given to the printer in pdf format. One of the manuals might have
a colour cover.

What's the advantage of Illustrator over Coreldraw?

Thanks.

Cheers,

jennifer