Sort of OT: End-User Edits of PDFs

Subject: Sort of OT: End-User Edits of PDFs
From: Melanie Shook <mshook -at- com2001 -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 13:28:08 -0500

I am using Distiller 3.01 to create PDFs of an Adobe Illustrator 7.0 file
(printed to file using a PostScript printer). My boss wants me to include a
field where customers can type in their personalized access code, so they
can have this info printed along with the generic information.

The problem is that my Touch-Up Text tools and Select Text tools don't work.
In the Acrobat Exchange help file, it says I have to change to Type 1 fonts
or use Acrobat PDF Writer. PDF Writer ruins my document (Graphics are all
messed up.) Forgive my ignorance, but I just select fonts from the list
that automatically comes up. I have no idea whether/which ones/ are True
Type or Type 1.

Does anyone know how I can enable these tools in Exchange/Reader?

Thanks for your help.

Melanie Shook
Technical Writer
COM2001.com