Re: IBM syntax diagrams: how do they do it?

Subject: Re: IBM syntax diagrams: how do they do it?
From: Jean Hollis Weber <jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 06:48:27 +1000

Those syntax diagrams were probably produced using IBM's markup language,
BookMaster. It has a detailed set of markup commands covering all the
arguments, sub-arguments, and stuff I don't remember the names of. The
BookMaster compiler turns all that into the tidy diagrams you see in their
manuals.

I don't know of any easy way to duplicate this, not that I've ever tried to
find one.

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
mailto:jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au
The Technical Editors' Eyrie http://www.wrevenge.com.au/
Now available: Electronic Editing, A quick start guide for
editing students, experienced editors making the
switch from paper to online, and anyone who needs
to write or edit electronically. For details:
http://www.wrevenge.com.au/bookshop/e-edit.htm