Re: Federal Standard Colour Swatches (U.S.)

Subject: Re: Federal Standard Colour Swatches (U.S.)
From: Dan Brinegar <vr2link -at- vr2link -dot- com>
To: Dina Davidson <DinaD -at- Xantrex -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 13:39:28 -0700 (MST)

Hi Dina,

At 12:04 PM -0700 10/12/99, Dina Davidson wrote:
>All,
>
>I am looking for a source to purchase the Federal Standard Colour Swatches.

Fed-Std-595B (Rev B Chg 1 - 11 Jan 94) is available from the General
Services Administration....

GSA is the only "official" source for either the binder or the fan that I'm
aware of.... you could probably get a set from a grand master model builder
(ships, tanks, etc.) thru unofficial channels (modelling newsgroups or
Ebay, f'rinstance).

HTH -- I have a few links to FAQs on the subject if you need 'em (say, if
you needed to explain why the electronically-derived Olive Drab [FS 34087]
looks nothing like the swatch ;-)

Regards,
dan'l

Dan Brinegar Information Developer/Research Droid

"Leveraging Institutional Memory through Contextual
Digital Asymptotic Approximations of Application Processes
suited to utilization by Information-Constrained,
Self-Actualizing Non-Technologists."

vr2link -at- vr2link -dot- com CCDB Vr2Link
http://www.vr2link.com Performance S u p p o r t Svcs.