RE: Page Breaks in FrameMaker 5.5

Subject: RE: Page Breaks in FrameMaker 5.5
From: jwaddell <jwaddell -at- micron -dot- com>
To: "'Joan Melgaard'" <joan -at- mirrorworlds -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 13:20:28 -0600

Joan,
If you have a manually inserted page break, what you really have is a
paragraph tag that has an override in the pagination properties forcing the
paragraph to start at the Top of Page. This will be indicated by an
asterisk next to the paragraph tag name in the drop down box and the status
bar.

To remove all manual page breaks
From the file menu in the document, select file, then import, then formats
Select import from document: current
Select While updating, Remove Manual Page Breaks.
Click Import.

I don't know of a good way to find paragraphs with a manual page break other
than looking at the top of each page for a paragraph override.

John Waddell
Technical Writer
Micron Technology
jwaddell -at- micron -dot- com