FWD: Experience required for contracting / Staying current

Subject: FWD: Experience required for contracting / Staying current
From: Anonymous Poster <anonfwd -at- raycomm -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 13:09:18 -0600 (MDT)

Hello,

I have almost two years of technical writing experience. I have written
several hardware and software manuals and have done extensive editing
throughout my career. I want to eventually go into contract writing. Is
two years of experience enough? What type of things do employers look for
when hiring contractors? Is it hard to keep current on technology when
you change jobs so frequently?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Forwarded anonymously on request. If you want the
original poster to see your response, you must reply
to the TECHWR-L list. All direct replies to this
message are automatically discarded. Contact Eric
ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com with questions.