Index Word

Subject: Index Word
From: Aoidìn Scully <ascully -at- flexicom -dot- com>
To: "'Techwr-l'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 12:41:38 +0100

Hi all,

I always thought that the Index tool in Word 97 was just particularily
gnarly - when I select a word and click the Mark button, the text
doesn't appear in the little box. This makes it hard to mark
sub-entries, for example.

It's now been suggested to me that maybe Word is not at fault. We use a
true type font in our manuals that was created specially for us, and the
suggestion is that maybe the Index marker cannot 'see' this font, and
that that is why the words don't appear.

I didn't use the Index tool much before this font was introduced, so I
can't remember if the words should appear or not.

Has anyone had any experience of this? Does anyone know how to get the
Index to 'see' this font? Or is the Index marker really this bad?

Thanks in advance,

Aoidin