Graphics and Visio Demo versions

Subject: Graphics and Visio Demo versions
From: "Chaim Chatan [ENG]" <chaimc -at- elal -dot- co -dot- il>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 12:08:22 +0200

I have a number of questions related to graphics and demo versions of Visio.

1. In preparing our manuals, I mainly used scanned black-and-white drawings.
The question that I have is: which graphics format uses the least space for
these types of drawings? At present, I save the scanned drawings as .gif
files and import them into the FrameMaker files. Should I save them as .gif,
or would .tif be better?

2. This is probably a stupid question, but is there any way to convert
raster graphics to vector graphics? I know that vector graphics use up less
space than raster graphics, and that is why I ask the question.

3. I checked out the Visio Web site for demo versions of Visio, but I did
not find any. Is there any way I can get a hold of a demo version of Visio?