Frame to PDF errors

Subject: Frame to PDF errors
From: Ellen Lee <ellenl -at- corp -dot- auspex -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 16:43:24 -0700

I am having a problem trying to do a "save as PDF" to a FrameMaker 5.5.6
file on NT.

I have a Frame book with three sections to it: front matter, TOC, and
body. When I try to generate the PDF file for the whole book I get an error
message log file.

However, when I generate each section of the book separately, the front
matter and body convert to PDF just fine. The TOC file seems to be the
culprit. When I try to PDF any generated files (TOC, LOT, LOF, etc.), I get
an internal error and Frame closes altogether. The full error number is
5564, 5991365, 7502299, 0.

I tried the same procedure on other computers running Frame 5.5.6 in our
department with the same result. I also tried it on files created with
5.5.3 and some of the generated files converted to PDF while others would
not. We also have one machine that has not been upgraded to 5.5.6 (it is
running 5.5.3) and we do not have this problem on that machine.

Anyone have any suggestions or solutions to this problem? I need to fix the
problem soon.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Ellen C. Lee
Technical Writer, Product Development
Auspex Systems
2300 Central Expressway
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-566-2084
email: ellenl -at- corp -dot- auspex -dot- com