RE: Converting Word to FrameMaker

Subject: RE: Converting Word to FrameMaker
From: "Keith Soltys" <ksoltys -at- home -dot- com>
To: "Ginger Moskowitz" <ginger -at- aatech -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 09:52:40 -0400

There is a very extensive white paper about Word > FrameMaker conversion
issues on the FrameUsers web site (www.frameusers.com). It's in the Tips 'n
Tricks section in the main frame. This covers the conversion process and
issues in great detail.

Regards
Keith

> Some questions for those who have converted Word manuals to FrameMaker:
>
> * Does FM keep your index entries, or did you have to re-do the index?
> * How does FM import the graphics? (my word doc's graphics are inserted as
> files; they are not referenced images)
> * Does FM keep your cross references, or did you have to re-do these as
> well?

Keith Soltys -- ksoltys -at- home -dot- com
http://members.home.com/ksoltys/
In my world, teachers make
more than baseball players.
-- Paul Kantner/The Light