RE: Reasons not to use Courier font

Subject: RE: Reasons not to use Courier font
From: "Tarek Fatah" <TarekFatah -at- Canada -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 09:55:42 -0400

Hello everyone,

My understanding and use of the Courier font has been that in 'instruction
manuals', you change the font from Times New Roman or Arial to Courier
whenever you want the user to 'type' a command. This easily distinguishes
the instruction part of the sentence from the actual words to be keyed in.

The history of the Courier font comes from the good old typewriter days and
pleeease don't bring them back. (Just the thought of the sounds of
typewriters from my newspaper days, makes me jump out of the window)

Bye

Tarek Fatah