Apologies for last post and read-only docs in Word

Subject: Apologies for last post and read-only docs in Word
From: Karen Field <kfield -at- STELLCOM -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 16:22:31 -0700

Sorry, I forgot to change the subject line when I posted my question about
Word read-only files.

here's the question again...

What's the deal? When I try to open a write-protected Word doc, I get the
usual suspects, such as the "enter password or open read-only" dialog box.
So I click Read Only, and nothing happens. I fugre something about the copy
of Word on my computer is set up strangely. Any ideas?

TIA

karen field