RE: Multiple checkouts [from VSS] with FrameMaker?

Subject: RE: Multiple checkouts [from VSS] with FrameMaker?
From: Adam Korman <akorman -at- epicor -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:39:09 -0700

Darren wrote:

"As for the graphics, we got around that one by not storing them in
SourceSafe, but on the server (which is also backed up)... That way,
regardless of who has a file checked out, the graphics retain their links
because their
location never changes."

For imported graphics and single-source documents we use the Get Latest
Version feature. This way everyone has a copy for reference, and anyone can
check the individual graphic/file out to make a change, then check it back
in. As long as everyone uses the same folder names & structure for their
working folders, the links don't break.

Adam Korman
<akorman -at- epicor -dot- com>