Re: Easter Egg Recognition

Subject: Re: Easter Egg Recognition
From: Mike Stockman <stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com>
To: "Barbara Stuhlemmer" <barbara -at- group -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 16:18:58 -0400

In my experience it's very common, especially among startups. I've had my
name and once my picture (part of a group photo) appear in a hidden
dialog, and it's always a kick to see it come up.

Microsoft products have regularly had these for years, in addition to
other easter eggs (such as a fully-functional flight simulator game in
one release of Excel). So have Adobe (FrameMaker's isn't even
particularly hidden) and Apple, to name a couple of others.

If you don't mind having your name attached to the product, let them do
it. It can give you a real sense of pride, as well as fostering team
spirit and all of that nonsense within the development group (of which
you are apparently a part).

Enjoy it...

----->Mike

On 09/29/1999 3:16 PM, Barbara Stuhlemmer (barbara -at- group -dot- com) wrote:

>Has anyone else done this before? Is this an acceptable industry practice
>or is it generally frowned upon.

Internet: stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com AOL: MStockman
AOL Instant Messenger: MStockman