Re: What do independent editors do?

Subject: Re: What do independent editors do?
From: "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: Geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca, TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 15:50:54 PDT

Anthony Markatos <<...recently reviewed the STC
independent contractor salary survey. It says that the most
typical task performed by independents is editing. Who is
going to pay big bucks ($40 - 50 dollars/hour or more) to do
administrative assistant work? (That is who typically edits my
work.)>>

Geoff Hart responded:

This kind of attitude is both intensely patronizing to
administrative assistants (several of whom now participate in
work that earns them more money and more respect)

Tony Markatos responds:

As a former adminstrative assistant, I think that you are being too sensitive. I am simply asking an important (to me) question in as direct a fashion as possible.

Tony Markatos
(tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com)