RE: Word to PDF vs. Frame to PDF

Subject: RE: Word to PDF vs. Frame to PDF
From: "Geoff Lane" <geoff -at- gjctech -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 18:32:54 +0100

Just my two eurocents here :-)

Although you can use the PDFMaker Word add-in to automatically create TOC
bookmarks and in-document hyperlinks, there is an upper limit (50 bookmarks
in the version that I have). I did find some instructions on increasing
this, but I couldn't get it to work effectively on 300-page-plus manuals. I
gave up when the document took over two hours to generate, and I still
didn't have enough 'headroom' for the number of required hyperlinks and
bookmarks. FWIW, the function of time/number of booksmarks seems to be
exponential :-(

I understand that Frame will create the bookmarks/hyperlinks 'out of the
box'. However, no guarantees because I haven't used Frame in a long time,
and I've never used Frame to produce PDFs.

HTH,

Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK
geoff -at- gjctech -dot- co -dot- uk