Re: Word to PDF vs. Frame to PDF

Subject: Re: Word to PDF vs. Frame to PDF
From: Karen Stoddard <kstoddar -at- standard -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 07:36:19 -0700

I don't know about Frame to PDF, but Word to PDF is very simple and
effective. If the document is mostly text with little formating and no
screen prints or tables simply use the Word option, publish to pdf.
My documents are full of tables and screen prints so I simply:
1) print to file which produces a post script or psn file.
2) use the distiller to distill -- 80 pages takes about 30 seconds
3) voila' I have a pdf ready to add hyperlinks.
It couldn't be easier.
You can also insert individual pages, add pages onto the pdf or delete a
page without disrupting the links.
Karen

Karen Stoddard
Technical Writer, Individual Division
Standard Insurance Company
(503) 321-6339 kstoddar -at- standard -dot- com