Re: Printing Barcodes in FrameMaker 5.5.6 (UNIX)

Subject: Re: Printing Barcodes in FrameMaker 5.5.6 (UNIX)
From: "Penny Staples" <pstaples -at- airwire -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 10:15:55 -0500

I create bar codes for use in FrameMaker 5.5.6 for Windows '95. I use a
little windows application called B-Coder to generate a bar code in the
symbology I need. Then I save it as an .eps file and place it as a graphic
in my FrameMaker file. To double-check, I print the page with the bar code
and read it with a bar code reader. So far there have been no problems.

B-Coder is a software product by a company called TAL Technologies
(www.taltech.com). It's a Windows application, so you might need to search
the Internet and find a similar UNIX product. Or find someone running
Windows who can create the bar code graphics for you.

Penny Staples
pstaples -at- airwire -dot- com