Re: Text format of user inputs (paper manuals)

Subject: Re: Text format of user inputs (paper manuals)
From: Jo Baer <jbaer -at- mailbox1 -dot- tcfbank -dot- com>
To: Melanie_Albrecht -at- moldflow -dot- com
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 08:47:26 -0500

We use one font for the narrative portion of our documentation, and a
second for field names, field values, and keyed information. We use 10
point helvetica narrow bold for these types of information. You wouldn't
have to make this bold if there's already a lot in the document. I also
don't like punctuating something the user is supposed to key, because
you inevitably have the extremely literal user who will key the
quotation marks, etc.

Best of luck.