FWD: Positive feedback from supervisors

Subject: FWD: Positive feedback from supervisors
From: Anonymous Poster <anonfwd -at- raycomm -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 16:34:43 -0600 (MDT)

All,

I am negotiating a move between departments. I've been surprised to
hear--from people I never suspected--that I am a valuable employee, my
work is respected, and people want me to work for them. I was most surprised to
hear that my manager says I'm a valued employee.

Last month, I received mediocre performance evaluations from my
co-workers, supervisors, and manager.

We on TECHWR-L often post messages about the lack of communication between
supervisors and the people they supervise. As technical communicators,
it's disappointing when we fail in non-technical communication.

General feedback is important; but for some reason, general feedback
focuses on negatives rather than positives. Many of us are editors, and we might
find it easier to criticize than to compliment. If you want to make sure
your employees understand you appreciate them, give compliments that are
as specific as your critiques.

Good luck.

Forwarded anonymously on request. If you want the
original poster to see your response, you must reply
to the TECHWR-L list. All direct replies to this
message are automatically discarded. Contact Eric
ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com with questions.