RE: Tape Recording End Users & SMEs

Subject: RE: Tape Recording End Users & SMEs
From: Cirrus Matusek <CMatusek -at- LTDCommodities -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 14:15:40 -0500

snippety snip <<When the technology is
fairly familiar to me and I am just getting explanations of specific
aspects, I don't need to tape. I can understand and absorb or write
short
notes, ask appropriate questions.>>snippola.

i bring my laptop to SME sessions, am an extremely fast typist with my notes
(where i absorb and ask appropriate questions), and am familiar with what
I'm writing about -- yet taping sounds like a fantastic idea to me. As
someone mentioned before, things come up during sessions that I see as so
simple and logical that I would SURELY remember it later when writing up my
documents -- yet, quite often, I don't.