RE: templates for booklets

Subject: RE: templates for booklets
From: Janet Valade <janetv -at- systech -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 07:58:27 -0700

Word does not make booklets. To print booklets from Word, you need other
software. The options I know of are:

1. WOPR. A set of macros for Word that will create a booklet. See
http://www.wopr.com. I think these cost about $40. Or you get them free when
you buy the author's new book. Great books.

2. Clickbook. A software package that creates a printer driver that
transforms your file into a booklet on its way to the printer. It does
nothing to the actual file. Many people use this without problems. I had
lots of problems with it, but was always able to make it work in the end,
with a great deal of time and cursing. http://www.bluesquirrel.com. About
$50 I think.

3. Quite Imposing. Software that reformats a PDF file. It makes a
PDF file into a booklet that you can then print. I use this now. It works
well for me because I need to create PDF files for all my manuals anyway. I
think this was about $300. http://www.quite.com/imposing/index.htm

Janet

Janet Valade
Technical Writer