Re: Describing jumpers

Subject: Re: Describing jumpers
From: "Jonathan Soukup" <jsoukup -at- airmail -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 13:13:37 -0500

Although I never remember using it in any of the hardware manuals at my last
job, some of the technicians I worked with would say something like, "Short
pins 2 and 3." It makes sense to me because you are in affect creating an
electrical short, a bridge between two circuits. This is probably too
complicated for most users, but might be used with more experienced techies.
Anyone else familiar with this jargon?

Jonathan Soukup