RE: Robohelp frustration!!!!

Subject: RE: Robohelp frustration!!!!
From: "David Knopf" <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: <KAREN_OTTO -at- HP-Spokane-om2 -dot- om -dot- hp -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 09:35:51 -0700

KAREN_OTTO -at- HP-Spokane-om2 -dot- om -dot- hp -dot- com asked:

| Problem #1:
| I've tried posting to the Robohelp listserv, but my posts never
| make it. The
| web site says the address should be robolist -at- news -dot- blue-sky -dot- com
| I've had no success in posting several times over the last couple
| of weeks.
| Is this the right address?

This is the right address, but you must subscribe to the listserv before you
are able to post. You can find instructions for subscribing at
http://www.blue-sky.com/support/bluesky.htm.

| Problem #2:
| I use Robohelp Office's Software Video Camera to capture a
| procedure as an AVI
| file. I want to edit the silly file to remove a couple of seconds
| of video. I
| can't seem to find an editor that will save the AVI file to a
| similar size.
| I've been using Videotrope, but every compression type I choose
| makes a MUCH
| larger file. For example, I capture a file that's about 1.5 Meg.
| I edit out a
| few dozen slides, and the minimum size I can save in is like 9 Meg.
| Is there a better editor? Am I doing something dumb?

I don't know anything about Videotrope. You might get better results with
Adobe Premiere.

HTH ...

David Knopf
Knopf Online
Tel: 415-550-8367
E-mail: mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com
Web: http://www.knopf.com

RoboHELP Certified Trainer & Consultant
WebWorks Publisher Certified Trainer

Hands-on RoboHELP training classes
every month in Chicago, Dallas & San Francisco