Re: daisy chaining and jumpering

Subject: Re: daisy chaining and jumpering
From: ampersandvirgule -at- att -dot- net
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 13:52:40 +0000

Daisy chain (the noun phrase) has a technical sense
(being invoked here); a much older literal sense (daisies
chained together) and metaphorical senses ("something,
such as a series of connected events, activities, or
experiences, likened to a garland" according to American
Heritage Dictionary); and a sexual sense in use at least
since the 1920s (not acknowledged in AHD) that might
lead some readers to take offense at its use.

This is just a heads-up for those who take possible
reader sensitivities into account. I don't have another
phrase to offer as a replacement.

Dick