HTML vs PDF for online manuals

Subject: HTML vs PDF for online manuals
From: Melissa Kucbel-Saumier <melissaks -at- eicon -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 12:53:41 -0400

Hello,

Our technical writing department was asked by the higher powers
of the company :) to change our online manuals from PDF to HTML.
As we do not agree with this change, we are trying to gather
information on user preferences and usability of PDF vs HTML. Does
anyone know any studies or articles on this subject that could
help us justify our disapproval?

TIA,
Mélissa Kucbel-Saumier
Technical Publications - Eicon Technology
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
melissaks -at- eicon -dot- com