Re: 60 Hours per Week at Level 1 Process Maturity

Subject: Re: 60 Hours per Week at Level 1 Process Maturity
From: "Michelle Wolfe" <WOLFEM -at- bcbsil -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 09:44:07 -0500

IMHO, I believe your theory is correct. However, from what I have seen in practice, many companies who have a higher process maturity level have employees who strive to get more accomplished. Sometimes this translates into 70 hour work weeks.

>>> "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com> 09/02/99 05:12PM >>>
Question to all listserv members:

It has been my observation that, within the software industry, the average
total hours worked per week is inversely related to the organizations
Process Maturity Level. That is, as the Process Maturity Level decreases
(moving from 5 to 0), the avg number of hours worked increases. Has this
been your experience also?

Note: If Process Maturity Level (also called Capability Maturity Level)= 5,
the organization has (among other things) a very sophisticated project
management system in place. If Process Maturity Level = 1, things are done
in a very add-hoc fashion. Level 0 is anarchy.

All responses appreciated

Tony Markatos
(tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com)

Rely on ForeignExchange for responsive and professional
software localization and technical translation services.

---
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: WOLFEM -at- bcbsil -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot-