Re: Long Distance Job Hunting

Subject: Re: Long Distance Job Hunting
From: "Robyn M. Nace" <robyn -at- bit-net -dot- com>
To: Anonymous Poster <anonfwd -at- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 21:53:25 -0400

Anonymous Poster wrote:

> I hope that others on this list can give me some insight and suggestions
> about long-distance job hunting. For the past four months, I have been
> conducting a job search in several locations that are long distances
> from my current location.

When I relocated, I didn't have much until I actually flew myself to the place
where I wanted to relocate. I spent a month there, interviewing. I found a job,
started working, left for a week, moved, and started working again.

If you're working with headhunters, especially *good* headhunters, they can
usually set up a week's worth of interviews for you. That's what mine did.

If you're looking to relocate to CA, my company's HQ is hiring a lot of writers
right now.

OH! BTW, part of the reason you may have been having troubles is because of the
end of the fiscal year. Most companies don't like to hire at all then because
it affects their earnings. I just smile and nod.

Good luck!

--
-Robyn

"a couple in Nashua, N.H., allegedly bought
Beanie Babies with forged checks,
then sold them and used the proceeds to buy heroin."
-dave barry

http://www.bit-net.com/~robyn/