Resumes for Tech Writing Jobs

Subject: Resumes for Tech Writing Jobs
From: "Peter Lucas" <peterlucas -at- mediaone -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L, a list for all technical communication issues" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 15:35:18 -0700

I'm thinking about moving on to greener pastures, and I need to put together
a resume. I haven't put one together in about seven years. I know I wouldn't
have much trouble putting together the "standard" resume, but I was
wondering if you, my fellow tech writers, had any suggestions or tips for
putting together a "tech writer's" resume if you will. If you know of any
sites on the web where I might find some help, that would be great too.

Additionally, I'm applying for a job with a very large multinational
company, and I would imagine they are used to seeing some pretty impressive
resumes. Is it standard to provide a cover letter? A portfolio of work? An
envelope with a few hundred dollars in it?

Thanks!

Peter Lucas