RE: Reader Feedback

Subject: RE: Reader Feedback
From: "Donna Marino" <domarino -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 09:55:00 -0600

I agree with Mike. The only way to get reliable user feedback is through a
focus-type group, where you gather users together and speak with them
personally about their documentation preferences. I've done this on several
projects and
the results were much better than when I tried to get users to complete a
survey and mail it back. It's been my experience that users are much more
open and
forthright when you speak with them face to face, because they feel that you
truly care about their responses. It takes more time than having them
complete a form and mailing it back, but you'll get the information you
need.

Donna Marino
Software Design Works
www.swdesignworks.com