Re: Is Java a good class to take for technical writing?

Subject: Re: Is Java a good class to take for technical writing?
From: Chuck <writer -at- best -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 15:29:43 -0700

Yes.

Any technology that is gaining acceptance like Java is would be good to
learn about. However, I read in from your message that some of your
second thoughts may be because of the lousy teacher. I had the opposite
experience a year ago: I was taking both VB and Java night classes; the
Java teacher was great, the VB teacher was worse that lousy (I'll
probably re-take the class next spring).

If you have the option to take the class at another time (maybe another
semester) with another instructor, do it. Otherwise, you may not get as
much out of the class as would be useful becuase the teacher keeps you
from learning as much as you could.

--
"Online help should ignore first-time users and concentrate
on those people who are already successful using the

Chuck Martin
writer"at"best.com www.writeforyou.com

*****LEGAL NOTICE TO ALL BULK E-MAILERS*****

NOTICE TO BULK EMAILERS: Pursuant to US Code, Title 47,
Chapter 5, Subchapter II, 227, any and all nonsolicited
commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a
download and archival fee in the amount of $500 US.
E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.