Re: Engineer to Tech Writer

Subject: Re: Engineer to Tech Writer
From: "Calderhan Y. Squeeb" <cysqueeb -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 12:05:45 CDT

I have seen lots of movement in both directions. I got my start as a
newspaper reporter on an east coast daily back in the early seventies, later
got MBA and went into oil business on finance side, then started doing
technical writing on energy. I think it is easier to become an accountant,
engineer, etc., than to become a writer, and most good technical writers I
know always knew they were writers first, and learned their technical trade
later. Sounds like you may be a natural writer in that sense.

Megan asks:

I've been working as a applications engineer at a small company and among
the many hats I wear is tech writer. I've enjoyed the writing and am
considering moving my career in that direction.

Thoughts, comments?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=