Re: WORD97 & HPLaser5Si MX & Japanese WORD File

Subject: Re: WORD97 & HPLaser5Si MX & Japanese WORD File
From: Dina Davidson <DinaD -at- XANTREX -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 09:03:22 -0700

Victor,

You don't mention which operating system you are using.
If it is not one that enables Japanese fonts, you are out of luck. Some
examples: Win 95 or NT-J, Mac OS with Japanese Language Kit installed.
If you have a Japanese-enabled OS, then you need to go the the HP web site
and download the Japanese version of the driver for your printer model.
Alternatively, you can find in the "Properties" of many drivers an option to
print all fonts as outlines or bitmaps. This tends to make less robust
printers crash... but it is worth a try.

Good luck and feel free to e-mail me offline if you need more help.

Dina

> Hi folks,
> Currently, I am using WORD97 (US version) with HP Laserjet 5Si MX
> printer. I am having problems printing Japanese WORD document with my
> WORD and the HP printer. I can see the Japanese characters on the
> screen, but when I print I get only dots.
>
> I have been able to print the same document on HP Laserjet 4M by
> defining the Printer Properties [font to graphics]. But I could not
> find any equivalent in the HP Laserjet 5Si MX.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=