Re: Frame Templates designed for screen shots? Anyone?

Subject: Re: Frame Templates designed for screen shots? Anyone?
From: Peter Gold <peter -at- HIGHSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 16:21:54 -0700

Tristan:

Have you looked at:

Help > Samples and Clip Art > Book

and

File > New > Explore Standard Templates in which the reports Plain,
Sidehead, and Numeric, are examples of a document that contains graphics in
anchored frames (where you can put screen shots by reference or by
pasting), tables, equations, text, headings, master pages, autonumbered
sections, steps, bullets, etc?

The reports use system variables in master page headers or footers to
display paragraphs heading from the document body.

And, the Chapter template, under Book (click the More button in the
template browser) shows the use of a Plain report as a chapter template for
a book, along with Front Matter, ToC, and Index examples.

To see populated examples of these standard templates, click Show Sample.
To see an empty version that contains the same master pages, format
catalogues, etc., click Create.

Enjoy!

Regards,

Peter
Peter Gold HighSoft, Inc. Adobe Products Applications Engineer,
Training, Support
tech support email: swsupport -at- highsoft -dot- com | my email:
peter -at- highsoft -dot- com
voice: Inside Colorado: 303.751.3700 x206
Outside Colorado 888.795.6066 x206
fax: 303.751.3777
visit http://www.highsoft.com

At 09:30 AM 8/24/99 -0700, Tristan Bishop wrote:[shortened]

>Does anyone know where I can get a template to play with that is designed
>for software manuals? (I know, I know, how rare and obscure :)
>
>I need to see Frame used to present screen shots, call outs and steps.
It's
>beyond me why, if Frame is "designed" for this sort of thing, there are no
>samples along these lines through Adobe.
>
>Can anyone direct me to a mystery template DL site, or even send me a
>softcopy of a one of their own concoctions to look at and contort.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=