Re: stay on or get off

Subject: Re: stay on or get off
From: "Egelstaff, Julian" <Julian -dot- Egelstaff -at- COGNOS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 15:54:48 -0400

I should clarify that I mean rumours about new products, new marketing
strategies, sales figures, high level corporate politics, etc. I don't mean
rumours about the new person in marketing or anything like that.

When the flow of information from the top to the bottom of the organization
becomes interrupted, or the signal to noise ratio gets incredibly low, and
rumours start flying like crazy, then you've got a problem.

> Rumours.
>
> When the rumours start flying faster than normal for longer
> than normal, get
> out. It's a sign that things are so bad, no one knows what's going on
> anymore, the company is headless, and probably diving
> straight into the
> ground.
>
> --Julian Egelstaff
> (Speaking for myself, NOT Cognos)