Re: Acrobat Catalog and Index

Subject: Re: Acrobat Catalog and Index
From: Peter Gold <peter -at- HIGHSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 16:12:39 -0700

Werner:

In Acrobat (4.x) or Acrobat Exchange (3.x), you can create a bookmark,
button, or link that says "use search tool" or whatever you like. When a
user clicks it, it performs Edit > Search. You can also create a button
"help for search".

Depending on how you create your PDF documents, you may create the bookmark
or link in the authoring application, or the Acrobat document itself.
Buttons, however, must be made in the PDF with Acrobat or Exchange.

>One issue that has come through in the responses I've received so far is
>that users will require some indication of the availability of the Search
>tool and instructions on how to use it (and use it effectively). Perhaps
>adding instructions to the CD cover or a sort of ReadMeFirst PDF with
>instruction on the Search (and the Find) tools.

Regards,

Peter
Peter Gold HighSoft, Inc. Adobe Products Applications Engineer,
Training, Support
tech support email: swsupport -at- highsoft -dot- com | my email:
peter -at- highsoft -dot- com
voice: Inside Colorado: 303.751.3700 x206
Outside Colorado 888.795.6066 x206
fax: 303.751.3777
visit http://www.highsoft.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=