Re: Formatting Freak - long

Subject: Re: Formatting Freak - long
From: Nancy Kaminski <nancykam -at- MEDIAONE -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 22:25:30 -0500

Dianne Blake wrote:

> Am I the only one out there that gets in trouble when they receive
> documents that are screaming for reformatting and clean-up (to something
> more readable, something more aesthetically pleasing)?

Well, I don't get in trouble because I manage to restrain my impulses most
of the time, but I know how you feel. I have a nice standard template I use
for my documentation---I designed it once and that got that out of the way
so I can write in peace.

If you want an outlet for your designing urges, though, you might check out
designing books. I not only edit, I also design books for a technical
publisher outside my regular tech writing job. After I've done the text
edit, I design 2 versions for the book and submit them. The publisher
chooses the one he likes, and then I get to do the layout. Bliss!

Nancy E. Kaminski -- Technical Writer/Editor
Fairview Health Services, Minneapolis, MN USA
phone (612) 672-6882, fax (612) 672-6083
nkamins1 -at- fairview -dot- org -- nancykam -at- mediaone -dot- net

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=