stay on or get off

Subject: stay on or get off
From: jane <judydh -at- TOTAL -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 17:34:58 -0400

Hi all

There's been lots of discussions about how to get a job, what kind of
interview questions are good/bad, red flags to watch out for both before and
during the contract/term of employment, etc. Many times a technical writer
has been advised to start looking for another job, as the company they're at
is doing something stupid.

I'm wondering what the signs are to start looking for a new job, barring
catastrophy or blatant exploitation. How have many of you come to start
looking, and how did you feel (and for how long) before you made up your
mind? Did you draw up a list of pros and cons, did you shop around, did you
throw all caution to the wind, or did you consult the therapist or a bottle?

Lastly, how sensitive should one be to politics, because it seems to be
intrinsically linked with any sort of dissatisfaction. Some things, I know,
should be water off a duck's back, but what have been your experiences?

I hope I get a lot of responses, and that the discussion morphs some, too.

Thanks,

jane

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=