Ligatures, fi fl

Subject: Ligatures, fi fl
From: Bernd Hutschenreuther <Bernd -dot- Hutschenreuther -at- PREPRESS -dot- DE>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:48:07 +0200

Hi,

this is a small issue, solved on MAC, but I do not know how to do it on PC.

I want to use the fi and fl ligatures in some documentations, following the
typographic style of the Chicago Manual of Style.

But: I did not find a way to use the ligatures, even if the glyphs are
included in the font, for example in Century Schoolbook.

The fi ligature and the fl ligature are both in the type face, but I did
not find a way to include them into the document. They do not appear in the
charakter map.

I tried it using Frame Maker, but did not find any way...

Best regards,

Bernd

Bernd Hutschenreuther / Technical Writer
PRE PRESS GmbH Dresden / mailto:Bernd -dot- Hutschenreuther -at- prepress -dot- de
Kaethe-Kollwitz-Ufer 76 / tel: (+49) 351-31875-21
01309 Dresden, Germany / fax: (+49) 351-31875-55
Home: +49-351-8483427 ;-) mailto:Bernd -dot- Hutschenreuther -at- sz-online -dot- de

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=