Re: Can someone learn to be detail-oriented?

Subject: Re: Can someone learn to be detail-oriented?
From: barry -dot- kieffer -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 08:22:39 -0700

This is why a good mix of people make the best team. You have the detail
oriented people who spend hours measuring the margins to ensure that the
margins are within a millimeter of standard, but fail to note the procedure
is how to stuff a whole Twinkie into your mouth using your foot.

You have the big picture people (like me) who do not always take the time to
worry over the details.

That is why, I, like many others, make lists when we are flying solo, and
rely on the detail oriented people when ever we have the luxury.

I am ever so thankful that where I am currently working I can rely on an
editor AND a final proof reader. That, my friends, is true luxury.

Barry Kieffer
Senior Word Monkey

Mark Baker thoughtfully writes:
> Of course, detail oriented people also spot mistakes that big-picture
> people
> don't spot, and big picture people make mistakes that detail oriented
> people
> don't make.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=