Re: Can someone learn to be detail-oriented?

Subject: Re: Can someone learn to be detail-oriented?
From: Jill Burgchardt <jburgcha -at- PESTILENCE -dot- ITC -dot- NRCS -dot- USDA -dot- GOV>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 13:26:49 -0600

Based on extended conversations I've come to two realizations:

1.
If I could start all over, these would be my questions: Can someone without
natural aptitude for detail-orientation compensate for it by learning
specific
skills or tools? How or what? (Training? Checklists?) I'd leave out the
specifics of the situation altogether. Hindsight is 20/20.

2.
Those who answered "I'm not detail oriented and I do just fine." actually
answered the first question I should have asked. (egg on face) My second
post
helped me get more of the how. My apologies for discounting the "I'm not"
answer.

For those who believe skills can compensate (opinions differ), I'll still
take
more input on the how. :)

Jill Burgchardt
jburgchardt -at- pestilence -dot- itc -dot- nrcs -dot- usda -dot- gov

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=