Re: Looking for a Word 97 manual

Subject: Re: Looking for a Word 97 manual
From: Chris Kowalchuk <chris -at- BDK -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 09:46:47 -0400

I don't think one manual will do it for you. Writing macros ain't what
it used to be. Word macro functions are now handled in Visual Basic for
Applications (VBA), which is a form of Visual Basic that must be hosted
by another application (such as Word, Excel, Access, etc.).

So for the Active X and macros stuff, I'd recommend a book such as QUE's
"Using Visual Basic for Applications 5"

and for the advanced user stuff, probably QUE's "Using Microsoft Word
97"

I don't know if these are the best resources, but they seem pretty hefty
and complete, and I am using them now to good effect.

Chris Kowalchuk

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=